Rob Zombie & White Zombie : Zombie Land 2 @ http://RzR.online.FR/zombie
PINBALL GAME PROJECT
Yea, I started the project to make a zombie pinball video game,
Any volunteers are welcome (programming, design, testing)
The pinball is under development and a Beta version is updated
from times to times.
So join the mailing list to be informed.
*Please discards all old versions* ,
and don't spread beta versions, just the link :
For Info the *EXCELLENT* core part of the game is provided under GPL
Support, This project is done by volunteers, if you want to sponsors
it please contact us, also any of you can provide some quick help.
(I am just asking for less than a cents)
If you want to be informed when a new version will be released
and get some RZ infos as well, please join this mailing list :
- MacOSX port released (test version)
- Compile and runs on macosx (macosx users shall contact me)
- new version out (config saving works now)
- lots of new stuff will come
- win32 patches merges cvs repository
- 2003-03-24 :
- New Version ; test it
- prev version : problems reported on running with WIN XP
- 2003-03-21 :
- New windows + linux (test) version released
- 2003-03-16 : WIP
- bug fixed : WIN32 / res change
2003-03-15 : WIP
- wip : MacOSX port under preparation
- new : Linux version ready
- new : few changes on the table
2003-02-28 : 1st WIN32 port
2003-02-21 : RzR joins prev emilia Project
There is a beta version, updated daily more or less
You just need to download one single file of less than 3Mb,
(will takes up to 10mins on dial up)
- WINDOWS :
- Latest version :
- Previous version (if you have trouble with the 1st one)
Extract the zip,( with your favorite tool, like www.WINRAR.com )
- MAC : Just test it I have no mac
(then add data from the windows version)
I think it can run the WIN32 version under Virtual PC.
I am sure I can compile it on MACOSX (contact me)
I'd also like to build a native version for PPC macs under OS9-
I just need a mac shell or lend me a ibook :)
- LINUX Ix86 :
There is are rpms ans sources @ pinball.sf.net
Then copy the data files off the win32 version.
- OTHERS :
- I think It could be supported on XBox
) as well as Unix supported boxes (PS2, N64 etc)
Unixes, dos, amiga , palms etc ...
this won't be done until an experienced user join the project.
Did I say that controls are :
- Right / left Shift / Crls keys
- Return / R / Esc / Ins
TROUBLESHOOTING / BUG REPORTS
It has been Tested on :
3D Video card with opengl support is preferred.
- Windows 98 + athlon 1GHz + ATI Radeon VE
- Linux debian + athlon 1GHz + ATI Radeon VE
- Windows XP + athlon xp @ 1800 + ATI radeon9700 (modded firegl drivers)
- Windows XP + + GeForce4 Ti 4200/AGP/SSE + 1.4.0
- Windows 2000 Pro + P3 700 + 256Mb + GFroce1
- Windows 98 + P133 + S3 no 3Dhw (less than 10fps)
- MacOSX (Powerbook)
- Close all running sound applications
- Close all applications that stay on top of desktop (like ICQ, Winamp etc)
- Run wpinball.exe in the pinball folder
- Kill all running application in the systray
- Disable Windows remaining keys option
- Change screen resolution to 640x480
- Download latest version
- reboot your system
You can also try to replace the dlls by those one :
- Please reports Bugs
if it is too slow try this :
go on config : set textures to none , resolution 320x200,
disable dyn light, view=fixed, etc
If you have some idea on how the game could be improoved etc,
leave your idea at the board or
ALso when reporting bugs, performance stuff, please make sure to tell :
Please can you email the log file (pinball/stderr.txt)
it logs your graphics abilities, then i can fix bugs or
optimize for upcoming versions ... thanx
The project is hosted at Sourceforge.net :
Here are the "rzr" corner side with various docs etc
Wanna join this Zombie pinball game project ?
Just sign here here, you're engaged, yea everyone is accepted.
There are several tasks to be done,
some needs advanced knowledges but some are really easy.
Depend on what your skills are (music, gfx, code, test) ?
Pick some missing task , and start
To enter to Crew :
- Why should i work for you ?
- Why should i give out my work for free ?
- What the hell is opensource stuff ?
opensource is sometimes hard to understand,
but if the project will be a success,
you will gain in popularity and maybe this
will open you doors for a more commercial work
Also the game will belong to no one and everyone at the same time,
Well Maybe you should read this
Greetings goes to :
*henqvist@Emilia* !!! (coding),
frantz.d@fr (3d house),
You have *NO Rights untill you read the licence
The code source of the engine is GPL'ed licensed,
SDL Copyleft :
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL for short) is a cross-platfrom library
designed to make it easy to write multi-media software, such as games and
The SDL library is distributed under the terms of the GNU LGPL license:
The source is available from the libraries page at the SDL website:
So that game is opensource,
You can latest version get on demand
That means that you don't have to pay to use it.
but If you want to support this project, please read
For supporting the project please read :
(I am just asking for less than a cents)
Also If you want to support the project
support the core developer of the engine
TODO LIST / TASKS
If you have some files to share please
Also please can you note down (in text / html files)
What you are doing on and how problems are solved.
Here are things you might able to do (classed by priority order)
Testing & Suggestions are also welcome
If you plan to do some stuff please warn us (see contacts)
Previous project (in voodoo state)
For your information :
All my work was done under GNU/Linux, compilation (mingw32)
even testing under wine (need to be improved for a decent use).
No zombies were injured during the realization of this game.
I am looking for a contract in the IT/3D etc field,
I wish to relocate for an experience abroad (English preferred),
Check my Ad:
- WZ+RZ fan page
- Free Software :
- Programming :
- Free graphics :
Pinball Resources :
- Game Creators / Job seekers ;)
Last modified: Thu Jun 28 13:18:45 CEST 2007